Monday, November 12, 2007

Week 8 #18 Online productivity - Zoho writer

I love Zoho writer. It is a great new tool for me. I wish I had discovered it years ago. It is much more flexible than Word and can be accessed and edited as appropriate by others without the hassles of compatability of software etc. Obviously where there are issues of compliance or organisational storage requirements it might not be appropriate. I have created my own account, created some documents and had a good play. I like the easy to use tools, of which there is much more variety than with Word. Tags for filing are the best feature, it is so easy and so sensible. I also like being able to call up my files without having to remember filenames or where they are stored. I will be making lots of use of this at home. Just love the smileys you can add. Where would we be without smileys? I also liked the range of other Zoho things such as Zoho planner.